Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why do all good things come to an end?


This is not meant to make every reader understand what I will try to write. So if you get irriatated at being puzzled, scroll back and click the other items.

"Why do all good things come to an end?

Flames to dust

Lovers to friends."

Plain and simple. Nothing is ever permanent. Maybe, there are things in this world that are not meant to happen and are never bound to be together, even meet. You try to stop because what lies ahead is clear. The road to nowhere will be tough. But what’s more painful than almost having it and then it slips away? Now I realize why The Supreme Being gave us both reason and emotion: so that when pain strikes, reason will comfort. Yet there are some instances that reason, still, becomes useless. I convince myself that everything will be fine but no words can stop my heart from bleeding. Sometimes we do know why things happen, but we still agonize over our losses, over the feeling of stopping what’s making us smile every single morning, what keeps us going every single day.

I’m in a dilemma. I have choices but I am compelled to choose the way that will cost me tears and throbbing. Why do all good things come when they are least expected? And why do they go away when you become so emotionally attached that letting it go would be suicide?

Why do all good things come to an end?

Reason tells me, “…because something way better will come. And just as all good things, all bad things come to an end as well.”

---To One of My Life's Biggest Surprises--

No comments:

Post a Comment